Does SEO require payment?
Search engine optimization is defined as the process of tweaking the quality and quantity of website traffic by expanding the visibility of a website through organic search engine results. As our SEO Perth agency knows, organic search results are generated from the most relevant keywords when searching. SEO is very impactful in the generation of organic search results.
SEO is different from paid searches or what is also known as pay-per-click (PPC). Unlike the Pay per Click, SEO does not require payment. It presents a large opportunity for free advertisement. Search engines present extremely valuable sources to online marketers and businesses
Each time a consumer types a question on a search engine, the links that appear are what we refer to as organic search results. These are not sponsored; they appear simply due to the quality and relevance of the web pages. Google is the most used search engine. 14 million searches are done every month on Google. The vetting process is very meticulous and therefore being on the first page shows that the quality of content is very high.
Climbing up the rankings is challenging and it can prove to be disheartening due to the time taken. Persistence brings out the fruits of your labour.
SEO in itself is free. All one needs is to have basic knowledge of the system which makes it easier to manoeuvre the ranks. Despite it being free, there are a number of tools that can be used, that deal with the SEO directly thus reducing the time it takes to climb up. Below are a number of those tools:
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider: this tool basically allows a user to crawl URL’s and pick up crucial components, evaluate and assess SEO.
- Ahrefs: This is an all-rounded tool that deals with everything SEO. It is one of the most comprehensive data collection tools. It offers insight to your website’s backlinks, researching keywords and tracking websites ranking on Google
- SEMrush: This is an all in one marketing toolkit. Its subscribers enjoy a great deal of data at their fingertips. SEMrush provides tracking of ranks, organic searches, insights and ideas among many other tools.
- Majestic: Majestic has the largest database of links. Therefore if your concentration is solely on the right backlinks, it is ideally the best.
- Raven tools: this tool assists its users with all things dealing with SEO. It draws from other tools, including majestic so as to draw up a detailed report for a website.
- Advanced Web Ranking: it is known for its ability to spot exactly where a website ranks when it comes to a specific keyword.
To answer the question as to whether Search Engine Optimization is paid solely depends on which method you decide to use. Ideally, the information is there to learn at no cost. Though that method is very time consuming, it is set to your own liking and it is cost-effective. If that seems too tasking, you could pay one of the above companies to handle your SEO in a professional manner.